April 26, 2011

We Need Lifeguards

I just realized today that although I think this blog is helpful to begin to stir thoughts about theology, life, etc... I was reminded on Sunday by my pastor that oftentimes we need lifeguards when it comes to this sort of stuff. I don't want our questions or thought-provoking discussions to lead any of us to believe or affirm any unsound doctrine.

My deepest recommendation is that you think on theological issues while reading and consulting the Bible, in addition to asking godly pastors and elders in your church for guidance as well. Probably the worst thing we could do from reading and writing this blog is to make our own attempt to "invent the wheel" theologically. Historically, that's ignorant and plain stupidity. Go ahead, dive in the deep end, but enroll in seminary and get in a local church that will surround you with lifeguards.

No comments: